Successes and Opportunities


I lost five pounds this week! I am so elated as I see pictures on Facebook of what five pounds of fat looks like. There were some major successes and what I now call opportunities. Before, I would look at my inability to maintain a good habit as a failure, but now I look forward to the next day and the ability to start again.



Health

I was able to go to the gym for most days my first week in my journey. I am learning about what I like and don’t like; which is a key component for lifetime changes. I tried a spin class for the first time and loved it. I sweated so much and felt so alive. I also fell in love with yoga all over again. I know I am quite deconditioned from the last time I did yoga, but I have an opportunity to increase my strength and flexibility. I have dreams of becoming good enough to get a teaching license. I love to dance as well, but I had an interesting experience at my Zumba class. The instructor was very interested in watching herself dance and cheering on her favorite students. She had a beautiful, happy personality, but did little to help the newcomers. This was disappointing, but I didn’t quit. I left the class and pushed myself on the rowing and biking machines. I now know what I like to do and will avail myself of opportunities of what I enjoy. Did you learn anything about yourself and your enjoyments when it comes to being active?



Home

This week’s main success and opportunity for my home is in the kitchen. I am a foodie through and through. I love having a beautiful kitchen to cook in, but usually being the cook; I didn’t have to do dishes. My husband is great at helping out, but I forget to wipe down the counters or throw away packages. It got really messy. Earlier this week, I did spend some time cleaning my kitchen thoroughly. Now, I make myself clean up after a meal is served. It feels amazing to enter a clean kitchen every day and I keep reminding myself of how good I feel. What success did you have this week in your home?



Heart

For the love of my life, I was able to plan a weekend getaway to celebrate. I was so excited as we were getting ready to leave Friday afternoon. I stopped to check my make-up and my left eye looked all red. I thought maybe something got in my eye or my allergies were acting up. Unfortunately, I had to go to the clinic and was told I have pink eye. Not the most glamorous look for a romantic vacation away. My greatest success this week was my husband as he kept me in a positive mood even though I wanted to hide away. I am not that vain, but I always want to look the best for my husband. I have an opportunity this week to thank him for his support and encouragement. I have a few ideas, but I’d like to hear from you. What is a way you thank your husband for his support?

Comments

Popular Posts