5 Key Components of My Health


When I was planning new goals for my healthy lifestyle, I read articles from experts and other weight loss success stories. I noticed a few similarities between the articles that I could pull off and enjoy doing. Someone won’t keep a habit if they don’t enjoy it.

1.       Weight

There is a debate regarding if you should weigh yourself once a week or once a day. The reason that I decided to weigh myself once a day is because it helps me learn about my body. I learned this week that my body reacts differently to different foods. I went out to dinner twice this week to catch up with some of my friends and I gained weight after eating two tacos at a Mexican restaurant whereas I didn’t gain weight from eating a cheese plate and small cup of soup at a bar. Overall I have great motivation and feel a great sense of accomplishment as I see the numbers go down; even if it is at a small pace.

2.       Follow a Meal Plan

I am not on a diet. People don’t maintain their weight on a diet. I am working towards a lifestyle change. Now the meal plan that I follow is based on ketogenic principles, but it has been so informative. I am truly learning what is acceptable portion sizes and how often I am actually hungry. I plan to eventually be able to control my own meal plan and understand correct portion sizes.

3.       Take Vitamins

I am currently eating a lot healthier, but I want to make sure that I don’t lose out on important nutrients. At this time, I am only taking a multivitamin, but I plan to add to this throughout the year. I don’t want to dread taking too many vitamins in the morning. If I add them slowly, I’m hoping it won’t feel so overwhelming.

4.       Drink Water

This is an obvious statement. However, I had to have a specific goal. I am working on drinking half my weight in ounces every day. For example, I currently weigh 186 and I aim to drink 93 ounces of water. I have also noticed quite a change in my skin, it is feeling smoother and there are less visible pre-wrinkles.  Drinking more water has also given me more energy throughout the day.

5.       Variety

Our bodies get used to everything; not only our individual workouts but everything else. Therefore, I try to change up my daily routine. I have my to-do list and then complete it in the order when I feel the most energized for that particular task. For my health, not only are the workouts different on a weekly basis, but the frequency and duration will also change. To start out I have been going to the gym six days a week for 2 hours. Every couple of months I will be changing the frequency and every couple of weeks I will be changing the duration of my workouts.



These are my core principles for my new healthy lifestyle. Do you have any consistent habits that help you lead a healthy lifestyle?

Comments

Popular Posts