Connecting To Your Reasons


             I apologize. I was working on my meal plan and I got distracted last night.



When I go on vacation, I have specific activities that I want to do such as sights I want to see, shows I want to go to, or restaurants I want to eat at. However, vacations don’t always go as planned. There are always bumps in the road. My life changes aren’t like a vacation because I am working, but the concept is similar. When I am on vacation and something doesn’t go right, I always remind myself I am on vacation and life is good. I am learning to do the same on this journey. For example, I didn’t lose as much weight as I wanted and previously I would have wanted to give up. In those moments, I had to remind myself of my reasons and re-connect to them.



               In her book, Better Than Before, Gretchen Rubin notes several personality types and their ability to connect to their habits. In my case, I am an Obliger. In her book, Rubin notes this person is better at meeting the deadlines and expectations of their workplace and their social circle compared to meeting expectations in their own life. In the end, they need someone to have a reason for them to be better. So, last week, I had to remind myself that this journey is not just about me. My husband is sacrificing a more comfortable life in order for me to leave Corporate America and concentrate on my own dreams. Also, you. People who read my blog are also helping me stay on track because I don’t want to disappoint any of you. I did start this journey for myself to get healthy, but my husband and you are the reasons I keep going. Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular Posts